Thank you to the almost 800 community members who completed a survey either online or over the phone to share opinions and ideas about how Council can improve communications and community engagement.
The survey also provided us with feedback on how you want to receive information and news from Council.
What you told us:
- 40% know ‘a moderate amount’ or more about Council’s services, events and activities.
- 59% are satisfied or very satisfied with our communications.
- Direct mail, Council website, and Council's E-newsletters and Brimbank Star Weeklyare main sources for Council’s services, events and activities information.
- Direct mail, Council's E-newsletters and Brimbank Star Weekly are preferred channels for Council’s services, events and activities information.
- 58% of residents have a social media presence with 51% on Facebook and 21% on Instagram.
The full survey report outlines the responses to all the survey questions.
With feedback from the community, we have made some improvements to the way we communicate.
- Brimbank News, this quarterly newsletter delivered to homes across Brimbank
- news.brimbank.vic.gov.au — an online version of Brimbank News with the latest information from Council
- Two new Facebook pages:
Tell us what you think of the latest edition of Brimbank News
From 28 July, Brimbank News – a quarterly 12 page newsletter will be delivered to households in the city.
Your feedback about the quarterly newsletter will help us make sure it includes news and information that you want to hear about.
We are also want to make sure the information is easy to understand, cost-effective and that you like the format.
Do you have story ideas you would like to share? Please complete the survey to share your ideas and feedback.