This consultation is now closed.
Thank you to all who provided feedback. The Complaints Policy has now been adopted.
At its meeting on 19 October 2021 Council endorsed the draft Complaints Policy for consultation for two weeks. Consultation opened on 5 November 2021 and closed on 19 November 2021.
Council considered the submissions received at its Council Meeting on 14 December August 2021 and adopted the final Complaints Policy.
The Local Government Act 2020 requires Council to develop and maintain a complaints policy by 1 January 2022.
The Policy must set out:
- the process for dealing with complaints made to Council
- the process for reviewing the actions, decisions or service in respect of which the complaints is made
- discretion for Council to refuse to deal with a complaint which is otherwise subject to statutory review
- the prescribed processes for dealing with complaints about Council
- the prescribed processes for internal review of complaints made to a Council
- the prescribed processes for exercising the discretion to refuse to deal with a complaint otherwise subject to statutory review
- any other matter prescribed by the regulations.
Also, Council’s review process must provide for a review that is independent of the person who:
- took the action
- made the decision
- provided the service.