A Development Contributions Plan outlines how we collect funds from developers that go towards new infrastructure projects such as:
- traffic management improvements
- shared user paths (pedestrian and cycling)
- streetscape works
- sporting and playground upgrades
- sport pavilions
- community centres.
The new draft Development Contributions Plan 2022 only applies to new residential development and will:
- collect about $7.8 million over 20 years
- help fund 48 new community infrastructure projects.
Strategic work justifying the need, location and cost of these new projects wasn't available when we wrote the 2016 plan. You can read about the new projects in these plans:
To collect money for these new projects we need to amend the Brimbank Planning Scheme. The Amendment proposes to:
- introduce new levies for new residential development
- make minor updates to relevant local policies.
The proposed new levy is in addition to the existing levy established by the 2016 plan, which will remain in place.
The proposed new levies range up to $799 per new dwelling. See the table for a breakdown of the varying levies. Levies increase each year with indexation.
Levies payable by Residential Development
Charge Area Number and Name
Development Infrastructure Levy
Community Infrastructure Levy
Combined levy total
Sydenham - Hillside
Taylors Lakes (West) & District
Keilor - Taylors Lakes (East)
Keilor Park & District
St Albans (West)
St Albans (East)
You're invited to join us in person to speak with Council staff about this project.
RSVP at least one day before the event to the Strategic Planning Unit on 03 9249 4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- your full name
- your phone number
- which location you are attending.
Tuesday 29 August 2023 05:30 pm – 07:30 pm
St Albans Library
71a Alfrieda Street, St Albans
Tuesday 5 September 2023 05:30 pm – 07:30 pm
301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine
Thursday 12 October 2023 05:30 pm – 07:30 pm
1 Station Street, Taylors Lakes
Draft Development Contributions Plan 2022PDF (3.18 MB)
Council ReportPDF (5.15 MB)
13 December 2022
C214brim Instructions SheetPDF (514.15 KB)
C214brim Explanatory ReportPDF (1.12 MB)
C214brim draft Clause 21.11PDF (660.49 KB)
Local Planning Policy Framework
C214brim draft Clause 45.06PDF (718.71 KB)
Development Contributions Plan Overlay - DCPO2
C214brim draft Clause 72.04PDF (124.83 KB)
List of Incorporated Documents
Frequently Asked Questions in EnglishPDF (564.33 KB)
Frequently Asked Questions in VietnamesePDF (408.79 KB)
- How will you use my feedback?
- How much does Brimbank collect compared to other Councils?
- Why have you written a new Development Contributions Plan?
- Why is the new levy only for residential development?
- Why are there different levy types?
- When will the Development Contributions Plan 2022 apply from?
- What type of development is exempt from the levy?
- Where does the levy apply?
- How do I know what to pay?
Please note the planning authority requires submissions be available for anyone to inspect for 2 months after the amendment decision.