This consultation is now closed.
Thank you to those that have put forward a submission.
Please continue to visit this page to keep up to date with next steps.
Brimbank Council has three community infrastructure-related plans of which only one is currently covered by the existing Community Services and Infrastructure Planning (Major Policy).
What is being proposed?
We want to cover and provide strategic direction to all of Council’s existing community infrastructure plans by incorporating them into the Community Services and Infrastructure Planning (Major Policy).
The proposed Draft Community Services and Infrastructure Planning (Major Policy) 2021 includes the following changes:
- Addition of sport and recreation facilities in the policy scope to enable it to cover Brimbank’s Sports Facility Development Plan and Indoor Sports Facilities Feasibility Study.
- Minor updates and consolidation for Policy aims, objectives and definitions to cover added plans.
- Updated guiding principles.
- Inclusion of high level framework for assessing community infrastructure needs.
- Updated related Council Policy and Strategy.
Why are we proposing these changes?
- To provide Council with a consistent, responsive and evidence-based approach to its planning and delivery of local, connected and sustainable community services and facilities.
- To build and support an inclusive, healthy and resilient community.
- To develop and maintain a network of quality, flexible and responsive community services and infrastructure designed and operated to meet the diverse needs of the communities of Brimbank.
- To apply an evidence-based planning approach to understand universal needs and demands.
- To address specific areas of disadvantage and inequity.
How can you be involved?
Read the draft policy and let us know what you think.
To provide a submission:
- Fill in form below; or
- Send an Email Leisurefeedback@brimbank.vic.gov.au (Att: Manager Leisure and Community Facilities), or
- Post: Manager Leisure and Community Facilities, Brimbank City Council, PO Box 70, Sunshine VIC 3020
Submissions must be received by 5pm on 20 September 2021.
If you make a written submission let us know if you want to be heard by a Hearing of Submissions Committee, in support of your submission.
The Hearing of Submissions Committee meeting will be held at 6pm on 5 October 2021, as part of a virtual meeting.
Details on how to access this meeting will be provided to all submitters wishing to be heard prior to the hearing