This consultation is now closed.
Thank you to all who provided their feedback, Council will now consider these for the final draft of the review.
Follow this page to keep up to date with this project.
Brimbank's Community Services and Infrastructure Plan 2018-38 (CSIP) provides direction on what new facilities will be needed in our community into the future. The plan recommends five children’s and community centres be built over the next 15 years.
In the time since the CSIP was adopted by Council, the Victorian Government has committed to introducing three-year-old kindergarten for all children from 2022. To accommodate this, Brimbank will need more early years infrastructure.
The purpose of this Early Years Facilities Review is to answer the following questions:
- Are the five planned children’s and community centres in the right location to meet community need?
- What other infrastructure will be needed?
- Are there any early years facilities not needed in the future?
- A change of priority order for the Children’s and Community Centres
Facility CSIP priority order Revised priority order West Sunshine Children’s and Community Centre
25 Kermeen St West Sunshine
3 1 Dempster Park Children’s and Community Centre
72A Phoenix St North Sunshine
5 2 Deer Park West Children’s and Community Centre
57A Quinn St Deer Park
1 3 Albanvale Children’s and Community Centre
44 Diamond Ave Albanvale
2 4 Furlong Road Children’s and Community Centre
43-49 Furlong Rd North Sunshine
- Consultation and design should be undertaken to expand the following sites:
- St Albans East Kindergarten
- East Sunshine Kindergarten
- Epalock Crescent Kindergarten
- St Albans West Kindergarten.
- Further strategic work should be undertaken into refurbishment options for:
- Kellie O’Connell Kindergarten
- Albion Kindergarten.
- Further strategic work should be undertaken to understand future need for:
- Deer Park Children’s and Community Centre
- Keilor Downs Playgroup
- Aycliffe Drive Kindergarten
- Barbary Crescent Kindergarten.