The new off-leash dog park is now open!
Some of the improvements include:
- A large run-about space with separate areas for small, old and shy dogs
- Natural rummaging areas
- Sand pit and dry creek for sensory play
- Agility equipment
- A new shelter, seating, and drinking fountain with dog bowl
- Double gated entries
- Dog waste dispensers and bins
- New pathways, signage and new landscaping with plenty of trees for shade
This new dog park is a welcome addition to Brimbank, offering another safe place for keeping our pets and their owners physically active and healthy.
Thanks to all who provided their feedback and participated in our consultation to shape the park.
Kevin Flint Memorial Reserve will soon include an enclosed off-leash dog park as part of Council’s commitment to providing quality parks and open spaces for the whole community.
The Dog Park will provide an attractive and inviting place where the community are drawn together thanks to their love of dogs, contributing to community health and wellbeing. We have completed a draft concept design for the dog park and asking the community for their feedback.
The dog park will be fully fenced and include;
- large run-about area
- natural rummaging areas
- dry creek and sand pit areas
- separate area for old and shy dogs
- drinking fountain with dog bowl
- double gated entries, dog waste dispensers, bins and signage.
Other elements will include agility equipment, new pathways, seating, landscaping and tree plantings for biodiversity and shade.
Since 2008, Council has upgraded 111 parks and spent around $35 million transforming the park network through the continued implementation of Brimbank’s award winning Creating Better Parks Policy and Plan (2016). The Kevin Flint Memorial Reserve Dog Park, Cairnlea is supported by the Victorian Government through the Local Parks Program (DELWP).
Explore our draft concept plan
Click on the hotspots to view images