We know how important sport is to you. Whether that be through clubs, schools or informal games and play. It is our responsibility to plan and deliver the right facilities for you.
That's why we have a Sports Facility Development Plan to:
- identify sporting trends and infrastructure needs
- establish ways for people of all ages, abilities and gender to take part in sporting activities
- provide clarity to local sports clubs how their facility development needs are being or will be met by Council.
We have drafted a new Sports Facility Development Plan to include:
- up to date information about our facilities
- our priorities for investing in sports facilities
- when upgrades will occur to help clubs plan ahead, and Council apply for external funding.
An updated plan supports our goal to:
- create new facilities
- get more of our community, more active, more often
- redevelop existing sporting and recreation infrastructure
- provide accessible, affordable and high quality facilities.
It also includes how we will achieve this by working together with:
- State and Federal Government
- sporting associations
- local clubs, and
- local communities.
We want you read the updated plan and tell us if it does or doesn’t meet the community's needs.