Project updated - 30 September 2022
Consultation on this project has closed.Thank you to everyone who participated.
In May 2022, we asked for feedback on the upgrade of St Andrews Park, Deer Park .
We did this through onsite in-person consultation, a letterbox drop and online.
Through these consultations we learned how you use the park, your priorities, and the key desired features and elements you’d like included in the upgrade.
To meet your priorities, and in line with our Creating Better Parks Policy and Plan, the St Andrews Park upgrade will include:
- playground improvements
- a new picnic area with seating
- BBQ facilities
- a new all-weather shelter
- improved pathway connections and
- landscaping to help biodiversity, park presentation and shade
- removal of the existing open air pergola and amphitheatre.
The new playground will include the most popular park and play elements you voted for, which are:
- multi-unit play equipment with tower play, slide and climbing structure
- a 20m long flying fox
- a swing set including two standard swings and a nest swing
- nature play elements.
The delivery of the proposed half basketball court will be subject to available funding and will be confirmed during the construction phase.
Draft concept plan
We want to know if we got it right. We invite you to tell us what you think of the draft concept plan by completing this survey.