We are forming a Sydenham Park Consultative Committee to:
- provide a forum for sharing ideas and discussions about the Sydenham Park Master Plan
- help Council advocate for investment and development of Sydenham Park
- help with discussions between stakeholders on matters impacting the park
- complement broad community and stakeholder engagement.
We are looking for three people who care about the site and the park’s future to join the committee.
How to nominate to join
- Read the Terms of Reference
- complete the nomination form.
The selection panel will:
- review all nominations
- select three people to represent the community
- notify successful nominees.
We will confirm the appointment of the nominees at the October Council Meeting.
About Sydenham Park
Sydenham Park is 230 hectares of land in Keilor North. Its where Jacksons Creek and Deep Creek meet to form the Maribyrnong River. What makes this park special:
- Aboriginal artefacts across the site
- home to kangaroos, wallabies, birdlife, river animals, native plants and more
- a historic homestead and shearing shed
- a golf course, and
- home to a model aircraft club.
Our Sydenham Park Master Plan includes:
- increase community access to this environmentally and culturally sensitive park
- opportunity for new sports grounds on site.