Project update - 23 December 2022
Consultation on this project has closed. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback.
In 2021 we sought community feedback on our Creating Better Parks Policy and Plan to better understand:
- how you used Brimbank parks during COVID
- attitudes towards investment in parks to date and to understand if there are any gaps in the current delivery of the plan that should be addressed
- ideas to help improve Brimbank’s park network
- opportunities to incorporate new facilities in Brimbank’s park network, for example dog off-leash parks and BMX tracks
- specific requirements of different groups including age and gender
- accessibility and distribution of Flagship, Suburban, Neighbourhood and Local parks.
We used your feedback to revise the policy and plan to ensure that the values evolve to reflect the current needs of the community and align with current challenges.
We have established key objectives and short, medium and long term actions that will help to ensure equitable access of quality open space to all members of the community regardless of their age, gender, income, cultural background, ability or where they live.
We invite you to read the draft policy and plan and let us know your thoughts by completing our survey.
Draft Creating Better Parks Policy and Plan
Phase one consultation results are on pages 17-24.
We want to hear from you. Complete this survey to tell us if you think the Creating Better Parks Policy and Plan will help us meet the needs of our diverse community to access quality open spaces.