In 2021 we began improving Dempster Park by creating a raingarden. It collects stormwater underground and we use it to water the sports oval and open area around it. This helps us be water smart and keep the park green and cool during heatwaves.
We’re now planning the next stage of upgrades to increase park facilities in Sunshine North.
We're partnering with Sunshine College to come up with a plan for their open space that isn't used often. We want to find a way to make the area interesting and useful for the students and the community. We're still figuring it all out, but we're working together to make it happen. This would include:
- a new path connection from Dempster Reserve to Suffolk Street
- allowing the community to use the upgraded oval after school hours.
We are proposing:
- a new playground including all-abilities play and nature play
- a full basketball court and fitness stations
- a BBQ, shelter, picnic setting and drinking fountain
- asphalt car parks to replace informal parking around the oval
- a junior AFL oval and synthetic cricket pitch at the college
- concrete shared use paths that connect the park and the college, and
- planting canopy trees and low cover gardens throughout the park and college.
Take a look at the draft concept plan below and let us know what you think.
Draft concept plan
Click on the icons for more information.
What is the most important element for you in the draft concept design?
This poll has concluded.