Project update - 28 June 2022
The Annual Budget 2022-2023 has been adopted. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback that helped shape the final Budget.
Based on the feedback, we’ve made several changes to the budget, including:
- $50,000 more to support the Keilor Sports Club in progressing to detailed designs and costings for redevelopment of the facility
- $50,000 more for installation of a concrete path around the perimeter of Pitch 1, Keilor Park
- $11,000 one-off grant to support Western Chances to undertake a Social Return on Investment Evaluation
- $20,000 more for an Arts Hub in Brimbank for micro arts organisations working with diversity
The budget is important because it shapes the finances and delivery of services and priorities for our community.
It underpins our city’s recovery efforts through COVID-19, while also delivering much-needed services and programs.
Top priorities for the year ahead include:
- improving parks, roads and sporting facilities
- implementing the Brimbank Climate Emergency Plan
- supporting our community with a number of mental health and wellbeing initiative, and
- business support initiatives that promote economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The total draft budget for 2022-23 is $286.8 million with a total operating expenditure of $225.4 million including $61.4 million on capital works projects.
We're hosting an online information session and
Council officers will also be available at five pop up draft budget events if
you have any questions.